Root Canal Therapy – Plano, TX
Save Your Aching Tooth
When you are suffering from a monstrous toothache, you want to get out of pain as quickly as possible. You might think you need to get your tooth removed! Fortunately, that is not always necessary. With root canal therapy performed in our Plano office, we may be able to put an end to your pain and save your aching tooth from an extraction. Very soon, you could be back to feeling like yourself and smiling confidently!
Why Choose Westpark Village Dental of Plano for Root Canal Therapy?
- Sedation Available for Patient Comfort
- Partners with Specialists to Handle Complex Cases
- Prevent the Need for an Extraction
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy is necessary when the innermost layer of its tooth, called its pulp, incurs damage or develops an infection. Here are some signs that you might need this treatment:
- You have a severe, throbbing toothache.
- A tooth is extremely sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. The discomfort lingers even after the source of the extreme temperature is removed.
- A tooth has a darker color than the ones around it.
- There is a pimple-like bump on the gums.
Keep in mind that root canal therapy is necessary even in some cases where a patient has no obvious symptoms of a dental problem.
The Root Canal Process
To start the root canal treatment process, we will make sure your tooth is numb; we do not want you to experience pain or discomfort during your appointment. Once you are settled in, we will use special instruments to access your tooth’s interior and clean out damaged and infected tissue. Next, we will fill in the tooth with a material called gutta-percha. Following your treatment, you will likely need a crown to protect your tooth from future harm.
At Westpark Village Dental of Plano, we often perform relatively simple root canals. However, if you need to have a molar treated, or there are other complicating factors in your case, we will refer you to a trustworthy local specialist.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Root canal therapy has a number of potential benefits:
- It could preserve your tooth. You will not have to worry about the embarrassment of an incomplete smile or the discomfort of missing dentition.
- You could save money. Although root canal therapy costs more than an extraction upfront, it is actually a better value because it can spare you from having to pay for tooth replacement.
- The results can last for a long time. Many patients enjoy lifelong function from their treated tooth.
- Caring for a treated tooth is easy. Thorough oral hygiene and other basic measures can reduce the risk that your treated tooth will require restorative care again in the future.