Veneers – Plano, TX
Discover Your Smile’s Potential
You should feel confident when you smile, laugh, and speak — you certainly should not be worrying about whether your teeth are drawing the wrong kind of attention. If you feel a little self-conscious due to aesthetic imperfections in your teeth, come visit Dr. Hardin and our Plano, TX, dental team for a consultation. We may recommend that you get veneers. This efficient cosmetic treatment could help you discover your smile’s true potential!
Why Choose Westpark Village Dental of Plano for Veneers?
- Skilled & Detail-Oriented Dentist and Team
- Treatment Completed in as Few as Two Appointments
- Natural-Looking Results that Last for Years
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made pieces of porcelain that we attach to the outward-facing surface of teeth. Because porcelain closely resembles natural tooth enamel, it is the ideal material for hiding imperfections in teeth, including issues like:
- Stubborn discoloration
- Chips and cracks
- Asymmetrical teeth
- Small gaps between the teeth
- Other minor orthodontic issues
- And more!
Many patients choose to get veneers because they look natural and are very durable. In fact, with proper care, they have the potential to endure for 15 – 20 years or longer! Plus, they are stain-resistant and easy to care for.
The Process of Getting Veneers
The veneers process takes place over at least two dental appointments. First, you will attend your consultation. Dr. Hardin will make sure you are a candidate for veneers and plan the details of your treatment. If you want to accomplish something specific — for example, if you want your teeth to be a certain color or shape — be sure to let our team know. Pictures are always helpful!
After your treatment plan is solidified, we will prepare your teeth to support your veneers by removing a sliver of enamel. This ensures that your final results look as natural as possible. We will take impressions of your teeth and send them to the lab that will fabricate your veneers.
You will wear temporary veneers for a few weeks while the lab works on your permanent ones. When your permanent veneers are ready, we will verify that they meet our high quality standards before we attach them to your teeth.
The Benefits of Veneers
Some of the most noteworthy benefits of veneers include:
- Durability and long life expectancy. Veneers can stand up to all of the challenges of normal eating and drinking. They may last for 15 – 20 years. Sometimes, they last for 30 years or longer!
- Resistance to stains. Pigments tend to slide right off of porcelain, so you can expect your veneers to retain their original beauty for many years.
- Easy maintenance. Many of the same best practices that you use to care for your natural teeth can be applied to veneers as well.
- Highly customizable treatment. You can get one veneer or a whole set of eight veneers or more. Their color, size, and shape can all be customized for your unique facial characteristics.